Scholarship - Aurora Institute for Emerging Leaders
The Australian Society of Archivists is offering a full Scholarship to the value of $4995 (+ GST) for an ASA Professional Member for the annual Aurora Institute for Emerging Leaders program in Sydney. The purpose of the Scholarship is to enable a Professional Member to attend the Aurora Institute program where this would otherwise be difficult due to the financial commitment required. The Scholarship covers course fees, accommodation and all meals. Please note that travel cost are not included.
The aim of the Aurora Foundation, which runs the program, is to assist future leaders in the wider information sector to maximise their potential and leadership skills.
As a result of attending the Institute for Emerging Leaders participants will be able to:
- exercise greater self-awareness for the benefit of themselves and their organisation
- use their personal strengths in team leadership
- apply the institute’s strategic business model to an organisational priority
- create a vision for their own personal development and career growth
- use an enhanced understanding of community engagement technology in the provision of services.
The Scholarship is open to members who have been a financial Professional Member of the ASA for at least two years. Along with the Application Form, you will be required to provide the following:
- Evidence of personal commitment and contribution to ASA (includes, but not limited to, office bearer or member of Branch or SIG committee; and member of organising committee of a conference, seminar or symposium).
- Your resume.
- A statement detailing career aspirations, achievements and expectations (including intended contribution to the profession and ASA).
- A written recommendation from your supervisor.
- Agreement that you will cover travel costs to the conference location at Q Station, Manly in Sydney. (Note that the Program plus all accommodation and meal costs are included in the Scholarship.)
The successful recipient(s) of the scholarship will be required to:
- Prepare a report on the Aurora experience for the benefit of the broader ASA community.
- Make a presentation on the Aurora experience at a relevant ASA event.
- Current ASA Council members are not eligible to apply.
- Scholarship applicants should note that applications for the Aurora Institute are not held over from one year to the next.
- The Aurora Scholarship for 2017 has already been awarded therefore, Scholarship applications for 2018 will reopen in November 2017. The 2016 application form will remain for reference purposes only.
- 2017 - Kirsten Wright
- 2016 - Lee Amoroso
- 2015 - Richard Lehane