Council is the governing body of the Australian Society of Archivists Inc. Its role is comparable to that of a Board of Directors. It formulates policies, sets the strategic direction of the Society and monitors the organisation's financial sustainability and performance.
The ASA Council has two broad roles:
- to ensure compliance through monitoring the Society's business and activities, and self-regulation of Councillors' conduct and
- to continuously improve the performance of the ASA by overseeing strategy formulation and policy
Council meets once a month. The standing agenda is:
- adopt previous minutes
- peruse and approve monthly finance reports
- peruse and approve Committee reports
- general business
- Council adopts the annual budget.