The ASA has established a Member Search Directory that allows members to search members by name, branch, institution being studied at, organisation, state, country or special interest group. Please note the following information:
- The ASA Member Search Directory is an opt-out directory.
- The Directory will only available to members who have logged into the Member’s Centre. It is not a public Directory.
- The Directory includes all active Individual members and the primary named delegate for Corporate members.
- Your email address and telephone number are not published in the Directory. There is a contact form that allows members to get in touch with you, or for you to get in contact with other members.
- Importantly, if you do not wish your details to be searchable, you will need to select the opt out option.
- To update your profile or select the opt out option, login, select the My Memberships tab, and then the Update Details tab (this is separate to the Contact Details tab).
- If you would like to make an email address or telephone number public, you can add these details to your Directory profile.
- There are new fields you can chose to populate that will appear when someone has successfully searched for you. This includes biographical details and the option to add a photograph, Twitter handle, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google profile.
Please note that this online Directory has been made available to allow members to get in contact with each other, to find other people in your Branch or Special Interest Group, and to find fellow students who are studying at the same institution. It is not to be used to contact members for any commercial purpose, with the obvious exception of members who are consultants and suppliers who are happy for other members to get in contact with them.
If you are uncertain about how to update your contact details or opt-out, or have any questions about the Directory please email the Membership Officer, Angela McGing.