Reference, Access and Public Programs
The Reference, Access and Public Programs Special Interest Group was established in 2002.
The objectives of the SIG are to:
- Increase the professionalism and understanding of accessibility, reference and outreach issues among members of the SIG
- Provide speakers and workshops to further that aim
- Raise the profile of accessibility, reference and outreach activities within the Society, the archival profession and the community
- Provide members with professional support
- Encourage new membership, and
- Provide any other activities to the Group and other bodies as shall further these aims.
Meetings are held regularly at the ASA Annual National Conference. There is a newsletter for information exchange.
Information about upcoming SIG events is posted to the SIG's Archives Live page, as well as sent directly to SIG members.
The RAPP SIG Committee for 2013-2014, elected at the AGM held 15 October 2013 is:
Acting Convenor: Anne McLean
Secretary / Newsletter Editor: Anne McLean
Committee: Paul Dalgleish, Craig Tibbitts, Peter Miller, Christine Yeats, Niles Elvery and Greg Cope
ASA Members are welcome to join the RAPPSIG.