Recent ASA Submissions
The ASA responds to the release of the Records in Context - Conceptual Model Consultation Draft v0.1 September 2016.
The ASA has contributed to a response to the Review of the Protection of Movable Cultural Heritage Act. The Protection of Movable Cultural Heritage Act 1986 protects Australia’s movable cultural heritage and also provides for the return of foreign cultural property which has been illegally exported from its country of origin and imported into Australia. The ASA's response highlights our concerns with the review's focus on physical objects and museum terminology.
The ASA has contributed to a joint response to the National Arts and Culture Accord: Digital Technology Survey by the Galleries, Libraries, Archives & Museums (GLAM) Digital Access Consultation group, Sydney 30 July 2015.
The Society has provided critical feedback feedback and discussion points arising from the Western Australian Department of Culture and the Arts / Arts Leadership Group's "Towards a Strategic Directions Framework 2015 - 2030" discussion paper.
The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
ASA statement RE: Out of Home care, March 2016
The ASA has made a brief submission on the consultation paper, mainly to identify ourselves to the Commission and to note the significant part that recordkeeping plays in institutional responses to these crimes, and the role that many of our members are likely to be playing in assisting the Commission in carrying out its investigations.
ALRC Inquiry 'Copyright and the Digital Economy', October 2012
Under the Terms of Reference for the Copyright Inquiry, the Australian Law Reform Commission is considering whether exceptions and statutory licences in the Copyright Act 1968 are adequate and appropriate in the digital environment and whether further exceptions should be recommended. The ASA made a submission on the specific questions asked regarding libraries and archives.
Submissions 2003 - 2012
- Inquiry into Potential Reforms of National Security Legislation, August 2012
- Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, February 2012
- eHealth Records Legislation Submission, 2011
- Submission on the NSW Reforms to Freedom of Information, June 2009
- Submission on the Commonwealth Freedom of Information Reforms, May 2009
- Submission to the Productivity Commission on the Not-for-Profit sector, May 2009
- Submission on Collections Australia Network (CAN) Review, April 2009
- Submission on the Commonwealth Archives Amendment Act, September 2008
- Submission on the changes to the Film and Sound Archive December 2003
A full List of all past ASA Submissions since 1975 is available for review.