Information, Records, Archives
The Australian Society of Archivists Inc. (ASA) is the peak professional body for archivists in Australia. It was formed in response to the growth of archival, recordkeeping and heritage preservation services in Australia, and the increasing demand for archival and recordkeeping skills in community organisations, corporate entities and government.
Please note that the ASA is a not for profit organisation and only holds records that pertain directly to the Society.
- Become a member of the ASA
- Buy a publication from our Shop
- Meet the ASA Council team
- View current Advocacy campaigns, statements and position papers
- Find out more about the Archival Profession or look for a current job
- Come to our annual Conference or undertake Professional Development
- Find out about Accredited Courses in archives and recordkeeping
- View current employment opportunities across Australia
- Keep up to date with Council meetings
- Join our network of Branches and Special Interest Groups
- Receive member publications including Archives and Manuscripts online or in print
- Receive discounts at the ASA Shop
Memorandum of Understanding
The Australian Society of Archivists maintains cooperative initiatives with two other respected professional bodies related to record keeping, i.e. with the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) and the Records and Information Management Professionals Australasia (RIMPA).
In order to identify and reflect the common professional interests and to clarify the kind of cooperation a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been established between the three organisations.
Please access the MoU below.